Turkey Pot Stickers
Servings: 24 Pot stickers
Nutrition (per pot sticker): 43 Calories, 4g Carbohydrates, 1g Fat, 4g Protein, 0g Sugar
By Deanna Hill
Delicious, healthy pot stickers. A perfect appetizer for your next party or great served as a main course with a large salad. These can also be added to soups!
1 Pound Extra lean ground turkey
1 Cup shredded cabbage
1 Cup finely sliced green onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp liquid egg whites
1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp sriracha (or to taste)
1.5 Tbsp soy sauce or braggs liquid seasoning
2 tsp rice vinegar
24 Wonton wrappers
Water or Chicken broth (for cooking)
1. In a large bowl, mix together everything except the wonton wrappers and water/chicken broth
2. Place a spoonful of mixture in the middle of a wrapper and lightly brush all edges with water
3. Fold opposite corners of the wrapper together and press the edges to seal
4. Place Pot stickers on a parchment lined baking sheet
5. To cook, heat a non-stick pan on med-high heat.
6. Lightly brush the pan with oil and place the pot stickers in the pan, cook for 2-3 min
7. After you have browned the bottoms of the pot stickers, add approx. ¼ cup of water or chicken broth to the pan and cover with a lid
8. Steam the pot stickers for 3-4 min until cooked through
These pot stickers freeze exceptionally well and can be cooked from frozen. To freeze, simply place your tray in the freezer for at least an hour (until firm) and then transfer the pot stickers to a large zip lock bag or tightly sealed container. They will keep in the freezer for several months.
To cook from frozen simply follow the directions above, allowing a few extra minutes during steaming to ensure they are cooked through.