Turkey Florentine Lasagna
Nutrition per serving: 321 Calories, 29g Carbohydrates, 13g Fat, 26g Protein, 5g Sugar
1 Pound Extra lean ground turkey
4 Fresh Lasagna sheets (or any lasagna noodles you prefer)
6 Cups chopped fresh spinach
1 Container (400 g) Part Skim ricotta cheese
1 Large egg
2 Cups chopped mushrooms
1 Cup White onion, diced
1 Large can ( 680 ml) Tomato sauce
3 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp dried basil
1 tsp chili flakes
½ Cup shredded low fat cheese
1. In a large bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, egg and chopped spinach. Set aside
2. In a large pot or deep fry pan, drizzle in a small amount of olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add onions and cook just until becoming translucent, then add mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms are starting to soften.
3. Add the tomato sauce, herbs and chili flakes to the onion and mushroom mixture and reduce to low.
4. In a separate pan, cook turkey until browned.
5. Add turkey to the tomato sauce mixture.
6. In a 9x13 pan, pour half of the tomato sauce/turkey mixture. Then add a layer of noodles.
7. Spread the ricotta cheese & spinach mixture on to the noodle layer.
8. Add another layer of noodles, then pour on the rest of the turkey mixture.
9. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
10. Bake, covered, at 350 for approx. 40 minutes. Then remove foil, turn oven up to 425 and bake for 10-15 minutes until bubbly and browned.
If you prefer, you can stop before baking and freeze for baking later. This recipe also reheats nicely. Simply portion into microwavable containers and freeze to make a quick, healthy lunch.