Stuffed Vegetable Appetizers
Nutrition per serving: 40 Calories, 4g Carbohydrates, 1g Fat, 3g Protein, 1g Sugar
By Deanna Hill
1 Tbsp Olive oil
½ Pound Extra lean ground turkey
½ Cup finely diced onion
½ Cup cooked quinoa
¼ Cup Shredded cheese (any type)
¼ Cup Chicken broth
1 Cup finely chopped spinach
3 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp chili powder
24 Mushrooms, mini peppers, or combination of the two
1. Wash and remove stem of mushrooms, and slice off end of mini peppers (no need to seed them)
2. In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink.
3. Add onion and garlic and cook another couple minutes, just until onion is beginning to soften.
4. Add cooked quinoa, and spices
5. Add chicken broth and spinach and cook just until spinach is wilted
6. Add cheese and stir just until cheese is melted
7. Remove mixture from heat and begin to stuff the selected veggies
8. If using mushrooms, place on cookie sheet. If using peppers it works well to stand them up in a muffin tin, 3 to each well, so that the stuffing does not fall out.
9. Place in 350 degree oven and bake approx. 15 minutes until the veggies have softened.
Delicious served hot with a drizzle of balsamic reduction.