Pina Colada Protein Balls
Nutrition per serving: 108 Calories, 8g Carbohydrates, 7g Fat, 4g Protein, 2g Sugar
By Deanna Hill
1 ¼ Cup Shredded Unsweetened coconut (reserve ¼ Cup for coating the balls)
1 Cup puffed quinoa
1 Cup large flake oats
4 Scoops (1 Cup) Vanilla protein powder (we love Isagenix Isapro)
¼ Cup Macadamia nuts, finely chopped
½ Cup dried pineapple, chopped into small pieces
¼ Cup coconut oil, melted
½ Cup low-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
1. Mix together 1 Cup of the coconut with the puffed quinoa, oats and protein powder
2. Finely chop the macadamia nuts (pulsing a couple of times in a blender works great) and add to the mix.
3. With a sharp knife chop the pineapple into small pieces and add to the dry ingredients
4. Mix together the melted coconut oil and coconut milk and then add to the dry ingredients. Mix well
5. Form into balls, lightly roll in the remaining shredded coconut and set on a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Set in the freezer for about 20 minutes to firm up and then move to an airtight container to store.
Store in the fridge or freezer