Creamy Caramel Cups
Nutrition per serving: 117 Calories, 9g Carbohydrates, 8g Fat, 5g Protein, 2g Sugar
By Deanna Hill
1.5 Cups Old Fashioned oats
1 Cup Shredded, unsweetened coconut
4 Scoops (1 Cup) Vanilla Protein powder (We love Isagenix IsaPro)
4 Tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ Cup Cashew butter
¼ Cup Coconut oil (melted)
1 cup Unsweetened, low fat coconut milk (I buy the type in the tetra pack)
4 Medjool dates, pitted
2 tsp Caramel extract
Pink Sea salt, to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut, protein powder and cocoa powder
2. Melt the coconut oil and cashew butter in a small sauce pan
3. Add to the dry ingredients, along with ¼ Cup, plus 2 Tbsp of the milk
4. Mix well
5. Form into balls and press into mini muffin tins, forming a small indent. If you prefer you can simply form into balls and place on a cookie sheet and press a small indent with your thumb.
6. Place in the freezer for about 10 min to firm up, then pop the cups out of the muffin tin and place on a tray.
7. Place remaining milk, extract, and pitted medjool dates in a blender and blend on high several minutes until the dates are pureed
8. Pour into a small saucepan and heat on med-high heat. Heat just until starting to bubble, then allow to come to a gentle boil while stirring constantly. After about 4-5 min the mixture should become thicker and darker. Do not stop stirring or it will burn.
9. Spoon the caramel into the cups then sprinkle with salt
10. Return to freezer to firm up, then store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer