Caramel Macaroon Balls
Nutrition per serving: 91 Calories, 7g Carbohydrates, 6g Fat, 4g Protein
By Deanna Hill
1 Cup Puffed Quinoa
1 Cup Large Flake Oats
1 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Cocount, toasted
4 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (We love Isagenix Isapro)
2 Medjool Dates, pitted
¼ Cup plus 2 Tbsp Unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp Caramel extract
¼ Cup Coconut Oil, melted
2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate chips
1/2 tsp Coconut oil
1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, or Sea Salt
1. Start by toasting the coconut. Use a medium size fry pan and place on medium heat. Add the coconut and watch carefully, as soon as you see it start to brown stir and keep stirring until most of it has browned. Once it starts, this will happen fast! Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the puffed quinoa, oats, and protein powder to the bowl.
3. Place the dates, almond milk and caramel extract in a blender and blend well.
4. Mix the blended mixture and melted coconut oil with the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Form into balls and place on parchment lined sheet pan. It will feel sticky (due to the dates), it helps if you coat your hands in a bit of coconut oil.
6. Place rolled balls in freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm up
7. Melt chocolate and ½ tsp coconut oil in a small bowl. You can use the microwave in 25 sec intervals stirring between each interval until smooth.
8. Dip each ball in the chocolate and sprinkle with a pinch of salt
Store in airtight container in fridge or freezer