Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Nutrition per serving: 288 Calories, 28g Carbohydrates, 6g Fat, 33g Protein, 7g Sugar
(Nutritional info does not include blue cheese dressing)
By Deanna Hill
Delicious stuffed sweet potatoes. If you don’t need to serve 6, simply cook as many sweet potatoes as you need. The left over chicken keeps well in the fridge and is delicious in wraps or on salads the next day.
6 Medium Sweet potatoes (the orange ones), (they should fit in your palm)
2 Pounds, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ Cup Hot sauce (I like Franks Red Hot for this)
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
3 Cups Shredded cabbage (I use coleslaw mix)
½ cup chopped green onions
1 Tbsp corn starch
3 Tbsp Water
1. Place chicken breasts in a crock pot and turn to low
2. In a small sauce pan, heat hot sauce, coconut oil, vinegar, and garlic, just until coconut oil is melted.
3. Pour Sauce over the chicken, then cover and cook for about 4.5 – 5 hours.
4. At about the 4 hour mark, poke a few holes in the sweet potatoes, then place directly on the rack in the oven at 375 degrees for approximately 45 min. You will know when they are done when they have give when you squeeze them.
5. When sweet potatoes are done, turn off the oven. Leave the sweet potatoes in the oven for now. Open up the crockpot and with 2 forks, shred the chicken
6. Whisk the corn starch with the water and pour into the crock pot, stir to combine and let rest about 5 min to thicken.
7. Pull the sweet potatoes out of the oven and carefully slice down the middle.
8. Place a handful of cabbage inside the sweet potato, then top with the chicken, a spoon of blue cheese dressing (recipe below) and a sprinkle of green onion.
Blue Cheese Dressing
Servings: 8 (approx. 2.5 tbsp per serving size)
Nutrition per serving: 32 Calories, 2g Carbohydrates, 2g Fat, 2g Protein, 1g Sugar
By Deanna Hill
1 Cup 2% Greek yogurt
¼ Cup Blue cheese, crumbled
1 tsp Lemon juice
½ tsp Garlic powder
½ tsp Worchestershire sauce
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir well to break up and incorporate the blue cheese into the yogurt
2. Cover and place in fridge. Let rest at least an hour before serving to allow flavours to develop.