Blueberry Ricotta Crepes
Nutrition per serving: 267 Calories, 23g Carbohydrates, 9g Fat, 23g Protein, 5g Sugar
A perfectly balanced, quick and easy breakfast. You can easily double or triple the recipe to make crepes or smaller pancakes for a larger group. Also excellent with fresh lemon zest!
1/3 Cup liquid egg white
1 Whole egg
2 Tbsp ground oats
½ tsp vanilla
½ cup Blueberries, or any berry you prefer
2 Tbsp Part-skim ricotta cheese
Cinnamon to taste
1. Whisk together the egg whites, whole egg, vanilla, oats and a dash of cinnamon. Whisk this very well. The more air you can whisk in, the lighter your crepe will be.
2. Heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. (depending on your pan, you may need to brush a bit of oil on the bottom)
4. While you crepe is cooking heat the blueberries just until warm and starting to get juicy. 1 min in the microwave for frozen berries was perfect for me.
5. When your crepe is starting to bubble on the top, fold in half and move to a plate
6. Top with berries, ricotta, and a dash of cinnamon