Apple Pie Oatmeal Cakes
Nutrition per serving: 109 Calories, 13g Carbohydrates, 4g Fat, 5g Protein, 3g Sugar
By Deanna Hill
½ Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
¾ Cup Unsweetened apple sauce
1 Medium apple, peeled and chopped
½ Cup Chopped almonds
2 Cups Large flake oats
2 Tbsp Ground flax
1.5 tsp Ground cinnamon
¼ tsp Ground ginger
1/8 tsp Ground all spice
Pinch of salt
1. In a large bowl, mix eggs, almond milk, apple sauce and spices
2. Stir in almonds, flax and apples. Then stir in the oats
3. Grease 12 muffin tins, or use silicone muffin cups
4. Fill each tin with the mix (You can fill them right up, these don’t rise)
5. Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 40 min until cooked through and golden. You can continue to cook 10-15 minutes longer if you would prefer them crispier.
Serve alone as a muffin warm or cold, or for a healthy breakfast serve with ½ cup Greek yogurt.
Optional: If you are preparing this for someone who would prefer them a bit sweeter, add 2 Tbsp of maple syrup to the wet ingredients, this will alter the nutrition information.