Apple Cinnamon Nut Butter
Nutrition per serving: (2 tbsp serving) 135 Calories, 6g Carbohydrates, 10g Fat, 5g Protein, 2g Sugar
1 ¼ Cups Whole unsalted almonds
1/3 Cup Whole unsalted cashews
¼ Cup Unsalted walnut halves
¼ Cup unsweetened dehydrated apples
1 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1. Place nuts, apple, cinnamon and salt into a food processor
2. Begin by pulsing until you have a fine texture
3. Once you have a fine texture, turn the food processor to high and allow it to process until you start to have a smooth consistency. You will have to stop and scrape down the sides several times. It may take up to 15 minutes before it starts becoming smooth.
4. Once the mixture is starting to smooth out, add the melted coconut oil and continue to process until you have your desired consistency.
5. Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge
This can also be made in a high speed blender such as a vitamix or bledtec.
Do not be tempted to use fresh apples. It is important that the apples are dehydrated otherwise the water content of the apples will cause the mixture to separate.